Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Headin Home...

Last three teaching days...
Tokyo school of music in Shibuya, then NishiKasai, then a 2 hour train to Sendai- known for their Cow Tongue. I tried it again as it does taste good, but the texture is just too chewy for me.
Glen has been getting some good vids of the band via Flip video. I'll surly be adding some of the footage to this blog. Glens drum solos are amazing- great arc and attention keeping ability, and monster chops performed with accuracy. Then I try to solo and just play off the top of my head. Sometimes it works. The disadvantage to this is that if I'm on a day where I'm not feelin it- then the crowd doesn't either. Again- I'll post some vid.
PS.
Anyways-
I'm on the plane back home now and will try to get some shut eye. I'll have my apt. To myself for a week, where I'll dog sit my neighbors chihuahua for a week. I can't wait- the cat will just have to get more social or deal with it. Come visit the fat man- I put on 10 lbs. In 2 weeks (yes, really).
And then Burning Man prep... Time for sit ups!
Ciao for now.
Thank you Toshi, Glen, Kanami, Ikui, Nobuyoshi, Azusa, Emi & Kumi, Brenda, Victoria, Errol, Paul, Kaleb, Yukiko, Yukiko, Seiko and our local additional band members (singers and Keyboardists).


In the words of LL: I'm goin' back to Cali.
-Uriah


-- Sent from my Palm Pre

2 comments:

  1. Hey Uriah, just gotta say... I tried beef tongue for the very first time ever last Friday, compliments of The Taco Guys, at the Off The Grid street food fest. I gotta say that it was as tender as Mom's slow-cooked pot roast and as tangy-tasty as anything else I've had before. Hope you can try their food sometime soon! Really fun and amazing pics you posted up from your Japan trip! Great cultural documentation of your trip - thanks!! I laughed aloud at the "Stretch Banana" pic, and swooned with vertigo at the wavy building! Great architecture! Safe travels home and hope to see ya soon! Cheers, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Cool!! your stay in Japan ;)
    Your funny pics and story make me smiley!!

    I'd like to go there soon!!hahaha

    ReplyDelete